Design engineering approaches
The design engineering for special risk protection systems require high level understanding of electric generating plants, and be able to identify the fire hazards.
To uphold and maintain the efficiency of our dynamic designers, is one of our company´s most important tasks.
GFS designers have solid experience from the power industry and they can provide the latest engineering solutions.
The backup from our site commissioning engineers creates a strong and competitive team, also from a cost-effective point of view.
For power stations in operation, GFS provides engineering when extending or renewal of fire protection and detection systems is needed or other requirements demand modifications or upgrading.
Design engineering tools and software
The powerful engineering tools GFS use for design and engineering are high-quality programs and software for tailored 3-D modelling, P&ID, layouts, installation drawings and Isometrics drawings etc.
- Microsoft office tools
- MagiCAD sprinkler designer 2015.4
- AutoCad 2016
- Inventor 2016
- Navisworks simulate 2016
- Material list wizard for MagiCAD
- Pipe Cut & Hole list wizard for MagiCAD
Examples of our design areas
- Full coverage in fire protection and detection design
- P&ID´s, Isometrics, GA layouts etc.
- Hydraulic calculations
- Material lists
- Prefabrication pipe lists
- Fire risk assessment studies
- Other doccumentation e.g. design philosophies, manuals, fire protection descriptions etc.